Monday, February 21, 2011

What a World!

     Reading people's Facebook posts can get annoying, but occasionally one catches my eye and things are put back into perspective. One recent post came from a friend of mine named Jacob Fisher: "What a world! What a life! I'm in Love!!! ♥".
  
     “Love lifts us up where we belong,” sings Joe Cocker and Jennifer Warnes, and maybe there’s no better way to describe it.
  
     Yesterday I read the story of creation in Genesis. How Adam was created perfect, and yet God saw that it was not good for him to be alone. So God puts him into a deep sleep, takes one of his ribs, and makes the most beautiful companion that Adam could have ever hoped for:

“Then the man said,
"This at last is bone of my bones
and flesh of my flesh;
she shall be called Woman,
because she was taken out of Man (Genesis 2:23)."

     What would they have felt when they first met? They both would have been filled with such intense wonder of each other. Pure, deep, passionate love at first sight, no doubt, as proven by Adam’s satisfied words “at last.” I can’t help but think of Elton John’s, “Your Song,” in which he sings, “How wonderful life is while you're in the world.” I’m sure Adam enjoyed life before Eve. But think how much more satisfying life was when he set his eyes on the most beautiful creature he had ever seen, and could now eat, drink, run, and explore life with someone he loved as much as his own body.

     Even after the fall we still have remnants of that wonder today, talking late at night wrapped in the arms of someone we love, sitting on the beach watching a sunset, or simply driving in the car -- things I wouldn’t enjoy nearly as much without someone enjoying them with me. As I look into the eyes of the woman I want to marry, I can say with my friend, "What a world! What a life! I'm in Love!!! ♥"

No comments:

Post a Comment